Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CP 4 on a 201i - disk space issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

glarkin

IS-IT--Management
Feb 26, 2002
US
We have CP 4.0.4. running on a 201i. The C: drive is ridiculously small and has less than 250mb free, is that normal?

Is there anything I can remove to recover disk space or is repartitioning the drive an option? I'm working with our vendor but they want us to remove our antivirus software (which is installed on D but deposits about 170mb worth of files on C anyway) and that isn't an option in our environment.

Greg

go to accessories system tools do a disk cleanup
make sure you check the old compressed file and run cleanup
that will free up some space.with that being said is
your callpilot up to date on its peps?if so can you post them so i see what peps you have on your server,because
there is a new pep to free up disk space on release 4.0.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

I would suggest the disk cleanup pep. It is CPSKPEP001S.

Thanks for the replies.

I've done a disk cleanup but did not compress the old files. I'll give that a try and see if that helps.

These are our current PEPs, installed in February:

PEP: CP40404SU04S
PEP: CP404S04G10S
PEP: CP404S04G19S
PEP: CP404S04G22C
PEP: CP404S04G26S
PEP: CP404S04G32S
PEP: CP404S04G33S
PEP: CP404S04G35S
PEP: CP404S04G36S
PEP: CP404S04G42S
PEP: CP404S04L07S
PEP: CPSECPEP009S

Our vendor will be applying the following PEPs shortly:

CP404S04G44S
CPSECPEP010S
CPSECPEPSP2S
CPDSKPEP001S

I was told the SP2 PEP requires 1.4GB free disk space but that CPDSKPEP001S will take care of freeing up enough space for it to install. I'm hoping 250mb isn't too low of a starting point for it to be effective. We were also told that we might want to uninstall our antivirus software (SAV10) before and then reinstall it after the PEPs are in.

Greg

250 MB is probably not enough I think it will need about 500MB. Delete all temporary files in c:\ and anything in C:\prefetch folder. You will probably want to remove the antivirus as well.

The CPDSKPEP001S pep should clean up enough space for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back