Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CP 4.0 - Desktop Messaging - FAX Printer Offline

Status
Not open for further replies.

dehlert

MIS
Nov 1, 2005
US
I have two Call Pilot Servers running 4.0.

I installed the Desktop Messaging Software on my PC and try to fax and it works just fine.

Now, after I perform a reboot on my PC, and go into Outlook and logging into my desktop messaging session, the Nortel FAX printer is always in the Offline mode.

If I uninstall the software and reinstall it, everything works fine but the minute I reboot, the printer goes into offline mode.

Does anyone have any ideas of where to start looking..?? I do have the Symposium Soap Client and Symposium Express software loaded on my PC along with a lot of other software.

Thanks in advance

David Ehlert
County of Fresno
IT Analyst - Communications

Ok, I did some more research and it looks like the ports NTFAX and NTBATCH are disappearing during the reboot of my PC.

I am running Windows XP SP3 at this time but this occurred prior to upgrading to SP3.

David Ehlert
County of Fresno

I finally found out what was happening.

I have a program called CutePDF that allows you to create PDF files instead of using Adobe. We are allowed to use the free version of CutePDF.

I found that if I uninstall the CutePDF software and printer drivers, the NTFAX and NTBATCH ports reappear after a reboot.

David Ehlert
County of Fresno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back