Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CP 150 Backup and lost Mail Boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

trclubb

Vendor
Mar 20, 2009
US
A) can the restore option be used to reload anouther call pilot. both are cp 150 but one is a rls 1.5 and the other is a rls 3.1. does it look at the serial #. what will it do if we did try to restore a new unit from an old one.
B) I have a unit that paperwork say,s it had 64 M Boxes and keycodes for anouther 36 ( 100 total ). when i did a install on it to clean it out the main unit only came back with 20 M Boxes. Not the 64 it showed.when i entered the other key codes it gave me 56 but not the original 100. C) when i go into reports, a lot of time it will give a web page error instead of a report. then after a couple of time it will give me the report. is this normal

The backup is only good on the system you back up from

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

A - You can restore to a new unit with the same software, then upgrade the software.
You then need to restore key codes via Nortel KRS system because of the serial number changing.

B - You need to re-add ALL keycodes

C - Never heard of the issue, perhaps upgrade to latest.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

thank you for the info. Kind of had that thought. also makes the backup not that important

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back