Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CP 150 AA - able to dial "9" during AA message and get outgoing line ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbm0011

Technical User
Mar 19, 2004
US
Thanks to all in Advance !!!
I have a client with a MICS 0x32 w/7.0 software and CP 150
We have had some fradulent calls on phone bill.... I accidentaly pressed "9" while listening to the AA and it gave me an outside line which i was able to dial locally and long distance. International calling has been turned off at the CO as well as blocking 011, 01 etc in the phone system.
How can i block this capability of dialing 9 and getting an outside line?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Don

I am curious how 9 is programmed/allowed.....assuming that's how the hackers are doing it and not via the usual Mailbox with weak password method.

Do one at a time then test.

Under Dialing Translation Table set the Access Code to NONE

Note that the Callpilots ports have DN numbers associated with them.....in your case 4 DN numbers.
Go to Terminals and Sets and do any line access or restrictions required....for now restrict overseas like 011 if not needed.
This can also effect any External Transfer from a mailbox or Off Prem notify etc.

If not using the Callpilot as Centralized then go to System Properties and disable the Enable Network Transfers

--
I assume the system is not set to Bilingual?

Is 9 the method to dial out from a normal set?

--

Going to Reports can help you nail it by looking for long stringed phone numbers.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back