Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CP 100 PCMCIA Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arr

Vendor
Oct 24, 2001
CA
I've got a dead CP 100. It was a complicated setup. Does anyone know what programming might be retained by moving the old PCMCIA card to a new CP100?

I've been away from this for a bit.

Thanks
PhM

"..second star to the right and straight on 'till morning.."

VVV

I had a CP100 fail and I was able to move the software to another unit and it came up with all the old programming.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'll give that a try.

Cheers

VVV

Most of my "dead" call pilots units were actually dead power supplies. Even if the call pilot appears to power up with the LED lights coming on it can still be the power supply if it's providing some power but not enough to get the unit to fully boot. If the power brick is really hot this is a sign it needs replacement but not the only sign. There is no simple in the field test you can do with a volt meter to see if the power supply is broken because the failed ones seem to still put out sufficient voltage but I guess it's not feeding enough amperage to boot.

I can usually find a compatible power supply at a local electronics shop. (Real electronics shop, not consumer electronics)
Usually only about $35 for a generic one. I will usually put the generic one in place as a quick fix and try to get an oem replacement. Then they have the generic unit for a spare.

I agree with QueBall. I'd say 90% of my dead Call Pilot calls are simply the power supply. I keep one in stock at all times.

Yeah. Seen that a lot. First thing I did was replace the power supply. Then proved the power supply on a CP150. It was fine.

Thanks for the thoughts.

PhM

VVV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back