Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Covid-19 and remote working

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnccl

Technical User
Dec 15, 2016
GB
Hi All, hope you can help. I am trying to setup remote working into my IPO500v2 9.0 using either 1616 phones or a 9650 I recently purchased for the purpose.
What needs to be setup on the IPO WAN and the setup on the 9650 as I suspect the 1616 will not work.
Does a VPN need to be setup on the router serving the IPO or is this created by the IPO. The phone seems to have lots of parameters which I am uncertain about. Thanks in anticipation

with a hardware VPN it is easy, plug in the phone and change the call server and http server address to the IP Office - Done

VPN would go from router to router as the IPO doesn't do VPN

you can also setup remote phones by using port forwarding ( no encryption of the voice or signalling traffic)

you need to setup the public IP in the IP Office (system - lan - network topology)
set the firewall to a setting that works for your firewall, you can use STUN to let it do it automatically
port forward port 1719 UDP to the system
port forward the NAT RTP ports (lan - VoIP) UDP to the system (make sure they do not go higher than 50750 and adjust them if they do

then setup your phones using the public IP as the call server and file server
the fiel retrieval will fail but that doesn't matter

Joe
FHandw, ACSS (SME)

Remembering intrigrant 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back