Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Covering to remote station, then back to VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhotep

Programmer
Jul 28, 2008
US

Trying to have a station at site A cover to a station at site B, then back to the voicemail of the original station (at site A). These are 5 digit dial sites connected via a DCS trunk.

Tracing the call, it roles to site B, but terminates there (rings indefinetly with no local CP, or follows the local CP). How can I maintain the original cover path.

Or what is another way to accomplish this?

Oh, the cover path uses r1 (cover remote) and h1 (hunt for audix)

Add the DID for the station at site B as a remote coverage point. Add the rxx as the first point in coverage for the station at site a then back to VM.

I realize that's not the cheapest way to do it, but it should work. I suppose you could try add the 5 digit extension in the coverage remote field?

rtmckee

CM 2.1.1
Prologix R9.05
Modular Messaging 1.1

I stated at the end of my post that I was using a cover remote point. It is the cheapest way because this is over a private line. Maybe I need to clarify...

Station 345 at Site A has cover path 3.

Cover path 3 has point 1 = r1, point 2 = h1

r1 = 543 (the station at Site B)
h1 = Site A's hunt group for VM

Calling 345 covers to 543 and then follows 543's cover path (or RONA if no cover is assigned)

Update:

If I try this the reverse way it works as I want.

If I setup station 543 at Site B with Cover 6 where

Cover 6 has point 1 = r3, point 2 = h1

r3 = 345 (station at Site A)

It works. Calls to 543 roll to 345. If 345 is not answered it rolls to point 2 of 543's cover path.

Is there some other setting that would cause it to not works from Site A to Site B? Both cover paths are the same settings .

Site A = Definity v8.1
Site B = Definity 10.0.1

Did they change the behavior between releases?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back