Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

coverage question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cycochris

IS-IT--Management
Aug 23, 2004
For some reason I can never wrap my head around coverage and make it work the way I expect it to.

This is what is needed on a legen 6.1:
They want me to change coverage on ext 114 to ring on 166 on the 3rd ring(currently it rings at the same time). If 166 doesn't pick up by the 5th ring they want it to go back to 114 vm.

I guess I don't have a clear understanding of how the legend times it't primary and secondary coverage. Could someone lend me a hand?

Thanks,
Chris

The way it works is this:

Secondary coverage for 114 @ 166 will ring (AFTER A DELAY) until GROUP COVERAGE for 114 kicks in.

By default it's about 3 rings.

This should be a piece of cake.

Just put a SECONDARY cover button on 166 for 114.

Just a reminder about the primary and secondary coverage is that the system allows a total of I believe 8. So you could have 5 primary & 3 secondary or any combination of the two that make 8.

Good luck

2wire

This is just an FYI incase the button does not take on extension 166.

It's true - If you need 12 coverers, and DON'T need VM coverage, try Group Coverage.

Have your primary extension have Group Coverage to (say) group 1, and put a Group Coverage Group 1 button on your receivers.

But if you still need VM coverage, you're limited to 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back