Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Coverage Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMCGRATH

Technical User
Mar 18, 2004
US
This is a problem with a Merlin Legend. Extension 525 rings once on the designated set and then the following rings go to extension 595. Light does still flash on 525. If 595 does not answer, calls do go into Audix voice mailbox for 525. How do I correct this so that calls to extension 525 ring on that set four times and 595 is completely removed from the equation. Do I need to go into Forwarding Delay? The extensions are on different floors (not that this makes a difference). Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

You are dealing with a couple of things.

First, 525 probably has ABREVIATED RING set to ON, you will probably want to set that to OFF.

Second, you will want to remove the COVER BUTTON for 525 from 595,

-OR- PERHAPS you will need to STOP THE FORWARDING from 525 to 595.

(At 525, press FEATURE, Dial *33, Dial 525) If it is forwarding, that should do it!

Last, you may want to putz with the COVER DELAY for 525, and set GROUP COVER to 4 or 5 or what ever works.

All of these suggestions ASSUME you have a LEGEND R7 or later.

Keep us posted....

Thanks, merlinman. I will be onsite tomorrow and will let you know how it goes. I hope we have R7 or later! This facility is scheduled to be upgraded to a Definity later this year, so I am just trying to apply Band Aids until that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back