Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Coverage path to secretary on HiCom3700

Status
Not open for further replies.

stpayne

MIS
Dec 4, 2003
US
OK. It's me again. Still very green with this Siemens switch. Fird doesn't want to pay for training so I am leaning on my favorite site for help.

How do you create a coverage path with this switch.

I have an attorney who wants his line to cover to his secy's extension after a couple of rings. If no answer then it should proceed to his voice mail. Help!!!!!!!!

Surely this is similar to my Avaya where I create a coverage path.

I would expect that if you set the CFW dest to the secy's phone and the secy's CFW destinationto voicemail, then if the calls ends up with no answer it should go to his voicemail.

You can try to program the voicemail of the chef as a fallback from the secretary. One problem: I don't think the secretary would like this!

You can't compare a Siemens-pabx to an Avaya-pabx. I maintained both of them and both have a complete different way approach of how things should work. One of the big differences is the thing you know as a coverage path. Siemens doesn't know a cover-path, but just one point instead of 8 possible end-points on the Avaya.

In the call forwarding tab you can have the star as the first target, the secretarys ext no as the second and the voicemail hunt group as the third. that is the easiest way of doing it, the system will carry over the extension number of the first called extension to the voicemail so it will signal his instaed of her's.

Although I would have thought is a guy has a secretary, she should be answering all his calls anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back