Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Coverage Path Ring times 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

madevereaux

Technical User
Dec 3, 2004
US
I have a coverage path programmed to immediately go to a coverage answer group; ring 6 times; and then to voice mail. It will only ring the coverage answer-group 3 times and then it rolls to voicemail.
What am I doing wrong. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Margaret

Depending on your Definity version you can only change the numbe of rings between points one and two on a system-wide basis. This will be true if your coverage paths do not allow you to adjust the rings at each cover point.

See your system parameters call coverage for your system-wode setting.

I am using a G3R at rel 11. I set up ALL calls to go to point 1: C16 6rings to point 2: h99.
I can't locate anything in the sys-par. I looked in coverage-forwarding, cust-opt & features.

Margaret,

Because you are forcing the call directly to a coverage path, the number of rings setting on the coverage path form doesn't apply. That number sets the number of rings at a principal station only. A principal station is the phone number of a station that you want to have call coverage. The station you actually assign the coverage path to.

After the call starts ringing at coverage points (Answer groups, remote locations, etc) the ring interval between those points is controlled by a separate setting in the PBX. It's a system wide parameter, so changing it will change how every other coverage path with multiple points will operate.

Execute this command:

change system-parameters coverage-forwarding

Look for these two settings:

Local Cvg Subsequent Redirection/CFWD No Ans Interval (rings):
Off-Net Cvg Subsequent Redirection/CFWD No Ans Interval (rings):

These are the settings which will control how many rings the system will take between coverage points. Local refers to coverage points on the PBX and Off-Net refers to remote coverage points. (Like cell phones.)

In order for you to make the call ring at a coverage answer group six times and then go to voicemail, change the Local setting to 6. BUT REMEMBER this will change the interval between every coverage point in all of your multipoint coverage paths.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back