Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Coverage Path-Outside call not recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.

heathermartin

Programmer
Feb 25, 2005
I am having a problem getting a coverage path to recognize a call coming from the outside. I have a S8710 at our Headquarters site and a S8300 at a smaller site. I just installed the S8300 last week. The dial plans did not match up so I had to changed one employees extension because it was a current extension at HQ. I created a coverage path/next coverage path that if the call is from the outside to send it to the new extension I created at the smaller site. Coverage paths are set up correctly-set up at n for inside y for outside and the other y for inside and n for outside. The smaller site currently has a DID trunk. The calls are routing between the site through a point to point T-1 that is plugged into a router. I think the HQ system is seeing the call as internal and therefore not routing back out. Is there another way to routing a outside number to the new extension until the LEC can RCF the line?

On the 8710 enter change uniform and enter the extension of the person, you'll see this:

Matching Insert Node Matching Insert Node
Pattern Len Del Digits Net Conv Num Pattern Len Del Digits Net Conv Num
2 4 0 aar n 6119 4 0 ext n
2084 4 0 ext n 6120 4 0 ext n
2999 4 0 999 aar n 6121 4 0 ext n

Enter extension, length (4) del digits (0) and Net aar.

That will route the call over the DCS trunks to the extension on the other switch. This will then follow all the coverage paths on the remote switch and end up in the correct V/M...

Hope this helps,
CJH

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back