Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Coverage path only sending calls to 1st alternate ext. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridgerunner

Technical User
Mar 27, 2002
US
Good Day,
We have the Definity G-3 Ver.8 switch. The problem we are having is when ext.1 gets a call, it is not forwarding to the 2nd or third alternate numbers. It is going to ext.1 audix box (voice mail). Have double-checked the coverage path and it is correct. Just recently this started happening. Tested a theory. Created a new coverage path and several extensions for it to go to before going to audix. Didn't work. After ringing at first ext., it went immediately to audix. Won't make it to the 2nd alternate #.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Check to see if that extension has a send button to audix on the phone if so press it again to cancel it. The person may have inadvertantly hit the send button and all or their calls will go directly to audix.
Or, see if they call forwarded their extension to your audix number. For example I can call forward my phone to ext. 215 which is our audix extension and nothing will get through on the coverage path...the call forward will override the coverage path. If it is call forwarded just go to that phone and put in your call forward cancel code to cancel it. Hope this helps.
Tina

Check to make sure that Ext #2 and #3 do not have their send calls on. One simple rule that seems to be forgotten is that you cannot cover to a cover.

Thank you for your input tkinney and randyb19. I verified that the ext. has not been forwarded to audix or to another ext. Also ensured that the alternate ext. do not have their #'s forwarded to audix or to another ext. As a reminder I created a new coverage path and several extensions for it to go to before going to audix. Didn't work. After ringing at first ext., it went immediately to audix. Won't make it to the 2nd alternate #. Still looking for your assistance. No help will be ignored. All suggestions are appreciated. Thanks to all.

I know this may sound redundant, but it sure sounds like this ext. is forwarded...we have people here who swear they didn't forward the phone and sure enough they typed in the fac for call forwarding in a hurry and guess what. We even had someone forward our audix ext.! If I was you I would Status each ext. and look to make sure SAC activated is no and CF destination is blank. Also, you can do a list call and this will list all of your ext. currently on call forward and where they are forwarded to. Also do a list usage ext ... to see if this ext. may be in a hunt group that is not working right. Hope this helps
Tina

Hi .. Have your tried to solve it with a Cover answer pickup group?

This will make the call go to all the extensions in that group. But there can only be 8 stations in the group but it works.

If you don't know how let me know :)

/Dennis Andersen

Still working on this problem. Can anyone explain the headings on the coverage path screen? Active, busy, all, dnd, etc... We feel this is the area causing the problem. Any recommendations for settings would be great. This problem only showed up about three weeks ago. Just happens to be the same time that the vendor dialed in and changed something. No one has done any changes to any coverage paths. Thinking maybe the vendor did software change and messed up this portion. It is a system wide problem now. We created another coverage path and had the same/ similar problem. Help.

Active: Calls redirect if at least one call appearance is busy.
Busy: Calls redirect if all call appearances that accept incoming calls are busy.
Don't Answer: Calls redirect when the specified number of rings have been exceeded.
All: Calls redirect immediately to coverage and overrides any other criteria with a Y in this column.
DND/SAC/Goto Cover: Must be assigned before a user can activate. Allows a calling user, when calling to another internal extension, to redirect a call immediately to coverage by pressing a GO TO COVER button. Allows a principal temporarily to direct all incoming calls to coverage, regardless of the other assigned coverage criteria by pressing the SEND ALL CALLS (or DO NOT DISTURB) button. [blue]Send All Calls also allows covering users to temporarily remove their phones from the coverage path.[/blue]

You may also want to try the [red]list history[/red] command, so you can find out what changes the vendor made to your system.

Susan
Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer. - Mark Twain

1st the default coverage path screen should read:

COVERAGE PATH

Coverage Path Number: xx
Hunt after Coverage? n
Next Path Number: Linkage
COVERAGE CRITERIA

Station/Group Inside Call Outside Call
Active? n n
Busy? y y
Don't Answer? y y Number of Rings 2
All? n n
DND/SAC/GOTO Cover? y y

COVERAGE POINTS
Terminate to Coverage Pts. with Bridged Appearance? n

Point1:___ Point2:___ Point3:___
Point4:___ Point5:___ Point6:___
The Station/Group Status can be a little tricky and detailed. I just usually use my default settings. You can specify different paths for inside or outside calls. First see if your coverage default matches this default. If you have a y in the all field for example all of your calls will go to coverage without being answered first...!!!

You can also do a list history to see what changes occured on your system.

Active? = REdirects when user is off hook even if other appearances are free.
Busy? = All call appearances are busy.
Don't Answer = After a certain number of rings (go to cover)
All? = Calls will never be answered, go to cover.
DND/SAC/Goto = Do not disturb, send all calls and goto = to temporarily send to coverage when user requests.

Hope this helps !
Tina
P.S. Make sure your voice mail is your last point on your coverage path or it will go there first.

Active Calls redirect if at least one call appearance is busy.
Busy Calls redirect if all call appearances that accept incoming calls
are busy.
Don’t Answer Calls redirect when the specified number of rings has been
exceeded.
All Calls redirect immediately to coverage and overrides any
other criteria with a y in this column.
DND/SAC/Goto
Cover
Must be assigned before a user can activate Do Not Disturb
(Hospitality Services), Send All Calls (SAC), or Go to Cover
features. Allows a calling user, when calling to another
internal extension, to redirect a call immediately to coverage
by pressing a GO TO COVER button. Allows a principal
temporarily to direct all incoming calls to coverage,
regardless of the other assigned coverage criteria by pressing
the SEND ALL CALLS (or DO NOT DISTURB) button. Send All Calls
also allows covering users to temporarily remove their phones
from the coverage path.

Try building a new cover path that has only one of the extension that you want to use as a cover point as point 1 and see if the call will cover to that extension, If it does cover to that extension try adding your audix extension as point 2 and see how it works then,

Let me know.

tylermyla, I created a new extension and coverage path. Used new #'s and still had the same problem. This is not a localized problem. It's happening to all extensions with a coverage path.

Try:
display system parameters coverage. Our default has a y listed for Keep Held SBA at Coverage Point? Also, do you hava a switchboard? If so check to make sure they don't have a night button pressed or whatever else dangerous they may have on their console that may have been activated.

I'm still looking for ideas because your problem has got to be totally frustrating to say the least!
Tina

Another idea, if you do not have a switchboard o rmain console do you have an auto-attendant set up for your main number? If so, we have Intuity and you can check and change the attendant route in Intuity to make sure your calls are routed correctly.
Tina

Also Try the command: LIST TRACE STATION ####
Then call that station and see if any denial messages show up on the terminal screen for point1 and point2 of the coverage path

Make sure in the CHA SYS COV screen, the below settings are programmed appropriately:

Local Cvg Subsequent Redirection/CFWD No Ans Interval (rings): 4

Off-Net Cvg Subsequent Redirection/CFWD No Ans Interval (rings): 4

Coverage - Caller Response Interval (seconds): 4

I'm not sure which one is it. I believe its the first one "Local Coverage Subsequent Redirection" that makes it move on to the next number in the path.

Hope this helps...

Kris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back