Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cover charge Combine w/Base Price Aloha

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottm52

IS-IT--Management
Mar 11, 2005
US
Upgraded an older system to the latest 5.3 Aloha

Now attempting to set an event to fire when the Band starts playing that will add $0.50 to each item sold... (i.e each entree but not mods to the entree, each drink, beer, etc.)

Have a way we did it with 5.2, but it's not functional in 5.3..

Anybody been here with this sort of thing before and can toss me a clue??

THX

I have set that up for my customers in several way's. The best way to do that captures the sales separately (They track it as Cover Charges in its own sale category) and charge sales tax correctly fro their locations was to do the following:

1 Create three menu items
No Band - Sales taxable
Band Charge Food - Sales Taxable
Band Charge Liquor - No Sales Tax Rate (or whatever sales tax you use for liquor)

These items can have the Combine Price if Used as modifier checked to roll it into the price.

They also do the follwoing:
Short Name=No Band
Chit Name to=-
Long Name=-
Short Name=Band Bar
Chit Name to=+
Long Name=L+
Short Name=Band Food
Chit Name to=+
Long Name=F+

2. Create to Modifier Groups:
Band Charge Food
Band Charge Liquor
These modifier groups have one button in position 1 (top left) and a minimum of 1/ and maximum of 1/ Screen Flow Required

3 Assign the two modifier group to EVERY Item in the database accordingly (Band Food to food, etc) in modifier position 10 (bottom). You can use the group copy function by right mouse clicking.

By doing it this way you result with the following:
The min1/Max1/Screen Flow Required option will automatically select the modifier from the modifier screen. You then use Set Modifier Item event to change the No Band Items on the two modifier screens to the food and liquor modifier items at $0.50 and weight of 1 to turn on the band charge and another set modifier item to No Band for both modifier groups to turn it off.

You could do order charges but it won't wrap the charge into the item and break the charges out by food and liquor to split your tax responsibility.

By naming the Chit Name and Long names like above, you discreetly show your bartender that the order change has been assessed (in case a server repeats an item from pre-band order) and you also discreetly show the customer that the reason for the difference in prices was due to the band change.

My customer likes the separate reporting this method gives them and in at least one of their locations, since they are in an historic district they don't have to pay sales tax on the cover charge, this method allows them to roll it in yet not add additional sales tax to items that are sales taxable.

I this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back