Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cov Answer Group w/ Bridged Appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

janney

Technical User
Feb 4, 2002
US
Hi all, I have a situation where two separate employees (1st & 2nd shift) share the same cube/physical phone (8410D). The 1st shift employee is the primary ext. x8221 and the 2nd shift employee has a bridged appearance of their ext. x8222 placed on two available buttons w/ an aut-msg-wt indicator for Audix. (x8222 is configured as an 8410D w/ two Call-appr and Port: X)

This has been working fine for over a year however; now the Vice President wants "All six Dept. exts. to ring at once" as a second coverage point in a coverage path.

I created a Call-Answer Group with all six exts. in it and added it to the Cov-Path as Point-2. This is working fine for all the exts. except the bridged appearance x8222. It doesn't Ring or Flash. If you dial it direct it works fine. (Rings and Flashes) It just doesn't respond as a Cov-Ans Group member.

Any ideas/thoughts are welcome. Thank you!

What about using TTI and having the users "pack" and "unpack" their extensions when their shifts start and end.

I'm not sure you can make a bridged extension ring for coverage answer group calls....

Janney,

I tried what you are saying and could not get the bridged appearance to ring but it did ring on the primary extensions call appearance. So this means that it is ringing on the phone but the 2nd shift person does not answer because it is not ringing his "line". You can put a in-call-id button on the phone. This button will blink when the cov answ group is called. You program "in-call-id type c group X" C is for coverage answer group and X being your cov answ group number.

Ralph

Thanks Ralph, I'll give it a try.

If station 1000 has two buttons assigned with bridge call appearance of station 1001, then you need to go to the 2nd page to enable "bridge call appearance alert" on station 1000. Otherwise, it won't ring at station 1000 if someone call station 1001. I hope this help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back