Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cov answer group doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike212

Technical User
Jul 8, 2005
US
I have a station programmed as an X port and want this to route to a cov path that has "C1" as the first point and voice mail as the 2nd. In the Cov Ans 1, I have several other stations. When I test this main number, it rings 4 times and goes to point Two (voicemail). Any idea what can cause this not to go to point 1 in the cov path of the X ported phone? Thanks,

Mike

does the station have the correct coverpath set?

what happens if you put your extension in c1? does it ring?

what is the status of the exts in c1 are they all in service (and not forwarded or on send)

can you do a "list trace st xxxx" on the calling station and see what happens?

Yes, The cov path is correct.

My extension is in C1, along with others. I stat them and they are all fine. I can ring my extension from another phone, but it does not ring in the C1.

I stat the station that is the X port and it shows no attempt to go to point 1 (which has my and four other working stations), and after 4 rings, goes to point 2. I can't for the life of me figure out why a call will not route to my point one cov answer group???

Make sure you did change the station form and put in the new coverage path. Also do a "li usa extens xxxx (xxxx= your number) and make sure that you are a member of that group. It will list everything that your station is assigned to . Look at the cover path and make sure you have all the right (y) and (n) that you need to make this route calls like you need to. It could be set just for outside calls and not inside that sort of thing. It should look something like this.

display coverage path 1526 SPE B
COVERAGE PATH

Coverage Path Number: 1526
Hunt after Coverage? n
Next Path Number: Linkage

COVERAGE CRITERIA

Station/Group Status Inside Call Outside Call
Active? n n
Busy? y y
Don't Answer? y y Number of Rings: 2
All? y y
DND/SAC/Goto Cover? y y

COVERAGE POINTS

Terminate to Coverage Pts. with Bridged Appearances? n

Point1: c1 Rng: Point2: h1 Rng: Point3:

Let us know if you need more help.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
(Plato)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back