Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Couple of questions about CCNA exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkySan

Technical User
Feb 19, 2003
GB
Hi,

I new here, first time poster long time reader :)

I'm going to sit the CCNA exam at the start of April, i have one or two questions which i hope that someone might be able to answer.

1. Do all the questions on the exam (including the lab sim ones) carry equal weighting or do some carry a highter score than others (i.e. the lab sim questions)?

2. I'm taking my exam with VUE testing services here in the UK, does anyone know how many questions they usually ask? I know it can vary between 45-55 questions.

3. I've been using the practice questions that came with the Odom book does the exam sytle of the questions on that CD reflect the style of real exam questions?

4. What should i really concerate my efforts on? Subnetting i think i got pinned down, along with the OSI model and IOS stuff. I'm okay with VLANs but my head is taking a real bashing on Access lists, Frame Relay, IPX stuff and to a lesser extent on Routing Protcols (although doing some more work with the simulator on setting up and configuring routing protocols might help). Any tips, suggestions, ideas?

Thanks!

Mark

As I have taken several cert exams, I can tell you that the sims (while important) are no more or less important than other questions on the exam.

I would expect between 50-60 questions (inc. sims), could be less, but no more than 60...since you get 90 mins, that's about 90 seconds a question.

I use boson exams for my exam prep. Have done so for CCNA, CCDA, and 3/4ths of my CCNP. Can't say about the Odom CD-ROM as I haven't used it.

Make sure you know subnetting, IOS, routing and routed protocols, IPX, switching, VLANS, ACL's and some ISDN/FR stuff. Remember, it's a test which covers everything that a CCNA should know (take a look on cisco's site for test objectives).

Mark:

Haven't been through all these questions yet, but check out this link:

They have three CCNA exams about 45 questions each. I've found enough variation between Cisco products and Sybex to make them both worthwhile and I suspect the same is true of Boson. Also, I will advise that Cisco's Flash product has a ton of questions that aren't on the Odom CD. I got mine at Wal-Mart for about $25. Do you have Wal-Mart in the UK? Not sure if they ship international, but I would suspect they do, if that is required.

oops...tightbrain has 4 tests, 50 questions each. I'm comingling my sources. 8(

Thanks Dogbert2 and k0mbachi, I also have the flash card kit and the CD does have a load of questions that are different from the Odom CD.

I will have a look at the boson and tightbrain websites, seems that a lot of people recommedn the boson tests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back