Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Counts for multi value parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewman

MIS
Jan 23, 2002
US
Hello,

I have a multi-value parameter (purpose codes) with 12 options including select all. I currently show a total count per user and how many rows returned-per user regardless of how many purpose codes are selected. What I would like to do is break down that total count per purpose code per user. For example. I select OINV, PDST, OLAB. I return a set with 10 users. The first user has a total row count of 22 between the three purpose codes. I want to see the 22 along with a breakdown count of each code. So 8 OINV, 9 OLAB and 5 PDST. I am grouping by user. Any thoughts on how to do this through SSRS?

Thanks,

Stewman

Could you provide a data sample along with the expected result.

Simi

It sounds like you just need to add the purpose code to your group by...
Code:
SELECT user, purpose_code, ...
  FROM ...
 GROUP BY user, purpose_code

I figured it out by just adding another group by in SSRS report builder and then setting up additional row counts per purpose code. Thanks for the responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back