Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

counting weekdays in outlook 2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

iainm

Technical User
Nov 28, 2001
AU
I'm trying to create a very basic uder-defined field in outlook tasks to calculate the number of working days assigned to a task, given the start date and end date. I've set it up as type=formula and put in the following function:
DateDiff("w",[Start Date],[Due Date])
According to VB help this will give me the number of weekdays, but unfortunately it gives me the number of whole weeks. I tried "d", but this gives me the number of days, not weekdays. What is the correct interval to use to only count working days

To further complicate the problem once I've got that working, I'll be going to 4 days a week next semester. Is it possible to set it up so that a working week consists of Mon Tue Thur Fri? Perhaps somehow count the occurrence of each of those days in the interval? I know MS project does it just fine, but getting that functionality in outlook is altogether different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back