Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Counting values "group by" with BO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi!
I am starting with BO and I find problems counting the different values of a field. I would like to do with BO what I usually do with the SQL command: 'SELECT count( item) FROM Table WHERE condition GROUP BY' .Can anyone of you help me doing this?
Regards.
Marek

Hello bo problem,

If you define an aggregate in your universe and use this object in the query condition BO will automatically generate the group by ... having ... syntax.
If you want to sort the data that your query generates SQL uses the order by ... syntax.
This last feature you can impose on the query by right-clicking on the an object in the 'results objects' panel of the query panel an applying an ascending or descending sort.
This is however a relative function, cause you can sort the data in the final report anyway (independently from the order in which data is retrieved by the query)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back