Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Counting the value of an entry in a report column

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbllady

MIS
Apr 19, 1999
US
I have a report field with values of either yes or no. Can I create a formula to count the number of "yes" entries in that column? Example: The field is Contracts (do we have one or not with the customer). If we do, the value is yes, if we don't, the value is no. I want to be able to show the count of "yes's.

Within Notes4.5 you can create a view that will identify the forms within the database you will be calculating. create a first column with the following specs:<br>
View Properties:<br>
1. name the coumn "Totals"<br>
2. Select the sorting tab on the prperties box and then locate at the bottom where it says "Totals". select Totals.<br>
3. select the checkbox "Hide detailed rows".<br>
4. Close properties box and then enter "1" in the default formula for that column.<br>
<br>
After this you will need to create a column that will allow you to show the field on the form that is capturing this yes/no input.Make this field sorting and show twistie.<br>
From that point you should be able to now calculate how many of each input you have.<br>

In an Approach report you have an option to summarize values using a calculated-type field. The formula would be something like this:

CountYes = SSum(If(Contracts = 'Yes',1,0))

Put the field in a summary panel.

Sue Sloan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back