Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Counting Records

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPK6104

IS-IT--Management
Dec 19, 2007
US
I'm using CR 11.5

I'd like to provide a few summary stats in the report header and I'm having trouble counting records.

I have three groups (group1, group2 and group3) and the data.
I'm counting the number of records via "insert summary" at the group1 level. That works fine.
I'm then changing the font color of the summary figure based on a condition. So for instance, all group1 totals >=3 appear in red. This works fine too.

Now, I'd like to count the number of "summary figures" that appear in red and provide it as a stat in the header. This is where I'm having the trouble. The Count function does not like summarized fields. Any suggestions?

I think you're going to have to use a subreport for this in order to get it into the report header - you can't do summaries on summaries and that's the only way this will work.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Thanks for the reply. I will try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back