Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Counting pages in PCL5

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrMagoo

Programmer
May 23, 2007
CA
I would like to know if we can count pages PCL5 automaticaly.

I have a page 8 1/2 x 14. The top part is fix but the bottum part is variable. Sometime it goes on 2 pages. What i would like to do is when it go on the second page the footer change the number of the page.

thank you

There is nothing in a PCL context that I know of that will track you current page count. Your application is going to have to work out if a second page is necessary and when it begins.

Jim Asman

Many printers that support PCL also support PostScript. PostScript is a full programming language that can do anything the hardware supports.

ok then if i got like 40 tokens and my data only take 16 of them. Can i crounch the 24 left token to put my bottum part.

ex :

\token1\Sébastien ouellet
\token2\
\token3\gadgadg
\token4\
\token5\dgagadgag
\token6\
\token7\
\token8\ i want to take out row 7 to 10 to move up my text BLablalblalalbalba(fix text) in the place of the row 7
\token9\
\token10\

BLablalblalalbalba

You need a commerical quality PCL interpreter to count pages in a PCL file. There are many ways to mark the end of a page... changing back to simplex from duplex, lines per page, formfeeds, resets, etc.

PageTech has several products (retail to OEM) that count PCL3/4/5/5e/5c/6 level pages.

It would be helpful to know why you need to count the pages? If it's to split the pages, then we have several ways to do that and not just by page count.

Contact me directly,

Regards,
Bob Pooley
bp@pagetech.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back