Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

countif using <>= in a range 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

modmac

IS-IT--Management
Oct 11, 2003
US
Hello, I'm trying to count the number of times a value is meet. For example I would like to count how many times the number 7 and less(<) appear in a range then within that same range I would like to see how many times there is a number equal(=) to 8 and equal(=)to and less(<) than 14. I've tried using frequency with no luck and countif again with no luck. The problem is the combining of the 2 criteria (=>8 and =<14).

Hi modmac,

Your specification is confused, but the solution (one you've figured out what you want) is simple: use two Countifs and subtract one's result from the other. For example -
=COUNTIF(A:A,">="&8)-COUNTIF(A:A,">"&14)
will return a count of all values equal to or greater than 8 but less than 14.

Cheers

[MS MVP - Word]

Using FREQUENCY will do it ... type 7, 8, 14, and 99 in 4 cells vertically, and then select the 4 cells to the right of these "bins", and type this array formula:
Code:
=FREQUENCY(InputRange,BinsRange)
entered using Ctrl-Shift-Enter instead of Enter.

Cheers, Glenn.

Did you hear about the literalist show-jumper? He broke his nose jumping against the clock.

Thank You both, I ended up using macropod's since that is what I was already trying. Thanks Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back