Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

counter in report with summary panel and body

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddiepet

Technical User
Sep 18, 2007
NL

I have a report existing of:

summary 1
1 summary 2 (1 or more)
2 body (1 or more)
3 body
4 body
5 ....
6 summary 2
7 body
8 body
9 ....

summary (totals)

From summary 2 I need a counter, starting with 1; next line is body (repeating panel) and every next line in the report: counter previous line + 1.

The numbers (or counter) should be 'set' at the same time as the report (not before!). Does anyone know how to solve this problem? It is not possible using the set command in print preview. And the summary panels do not show in browse.

Best regards,
Ed

Approach reporting features are not very sophisticated -- I do not see any way to do what you have described.

Sue Sloan

Dear Sue,

Thanks for your answer anyway. A few weeks ago you helped me a lot with your tip (adding a memo field when a calculated field contains more than 255 characters and you have to make a copy of that calculated field).

This time I could solve the problem with my existing report and counter for summary and body by myself. It's not very easy to explain. If you are interested, let me know. I would take the time documenting my solution.

Ed Sligchers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back