Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Count unique users by month

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSO456

Technical User
Jul 23, 2001
US
Hello,
I have an access table that shows the users and the number of times they have visited my site by month. So picture a grid where all users are on the left and the months on the top and the number of hits/visits to my site in the middle.

I would like to create a query that shows me the number of unique users every month. So for a period of six months how many unique users visited my site. It is important that I see the data by month. I am only interested in the new users. By the way some users dropoff for a month or two and then come back. I am not inerested in capturing those.
Thank you
Jill

Can you please post the schema of your table ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

The table looks like this:

Users ID Jan 04 Feb 04 March 04 April 04 etc..
A022212 20 10 0 25
A322222 10 15 10 50
A000012 3 1 5 6
etc..

Thanks
Jill

Yes, I can change the table to look like the above. After I make that change what is the SQL that I need to use to achieve my results?
Thanks
Jill

I'm not sure exactly what you want but this should help:

Select User, Format(Min(VisitDate),"yyyy-mm") as VisitMonth
From YourTable
Group By User
Having Min(VisitDate) => [Enter earliest visit date]

Don't add a WHERE clause to filter by date because you need the early records to get just the new people.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back