Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Count or sum text field

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbvcbr

IS-IT--Management
Mar 4, 2007
US
I have a formula field which returns 0 or 1,
I want to count how many 0s and how many 1s.
I formatted this field as numaric. Then I try
right clicking on this field it gives me 'move'
instead 'Insert/grand total or summary"
Can some help how to do this.
Thanks in advance

Please show the content of the formula.

-LB

if {@sex} = "Female" then 0 else 1

When asked to show the content of a formula, you should always show the content of nested formulas as well. You have added something to one of the formulas that makes it unavailable for an inserted summary. So please show the content of {@sex}.

Also, if you have placed this formula in a text box, remove it and place the formula directly in the detail section.

-LB

Sorry to drag this, yes, I did inserted the formula in
detail section,not in a text box.

The Other questions @sex comes from different kind of formulas, it is hard put it here.

Thank you,

You must put it here or I can't help. Unless you happen to be prefacing your formula with an unnecessary whileprintingrecords which you can simply remove.

-LB

rbvcbr, you mgiht do better to begin again with a Running Total. Have an evaluation formula like
Code:
{@sex} <> "Female"
If you're not already familiar with Crystal's automated totals, see FAQ767-6524.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back