Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Count number of subgroups in a group

Status
Not open for further replies.

haerion

IS-IT--Management
Sep 13, 2006
US
Hi all, I have a group that is set by Supplier, and a subgroup that bind together all the PO for this supplier, the problem is that i need to put a count on the supplier header of how many PO there is in it, but since the PO are group because the table have all the items in each PO, I want it to count the number of subgroup and report it on the supplier header. Can it be done?

Thanks

Make sure that the supplier header have a footer section. On the footer section set up a text box that will = Count(supplier header) and name the text box txtsupplierheader , you can set the visibility as no. On the main head group footer you can setup a text box that =txtsupplierheader. Try this and see if you have a problem.

Hi Shirley,

Sorry for the long answer, I was unable to try this sooner, I just tried it this morning and when I put in the name of the section header I need to count (GroupPOHeader)
I made a textbox name =txtGroupPOHeader which I enter in it =count([GroupPOHeader]). This should work, but when i run the report, i get a enter parameter value for the GroupPOHeader, I don't know why he can't find the value himself...

And secondly, thanks for you answer, it is greatly appreciated :)

Your have to make sure the textbox is near the txtGroupPOHeader or right under the field.

Create a totals query that groups by Supplier and counts the number of POs. Add this query to your report's record source and add the CountOfPOs to your Supplier header section.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back