Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

COUNT FROM MULTIPLE TABLES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silvinho

Programmer
Jul 9, 2001
GB
I have a database that has 1 table(Images) that store all my uploaded image files.

there are then 3 other tables that store some of these image files as one of the fields

The problem im having is i want a page that lists all the images from Table 1(Images) with a total count of the times the image is used from the 3 other tables.

This problem just seems to be getting me more and more confussed, can anyone help???

Code:
Select Table1.imageName, Count(Table2.image) as cnt2, Count(Table3.image) as cnt3, Count(Table4.img) as cnt4 FROM Table1, Table2, Table3, Table4 
WHERE Table1.image_id = Table2.image_id AND Table1.image_id = Table3.image_id AND Table1.image_id = Table4.image_id 
GROUP BY Table1.image_name

The only problem with this is it will only return records where there is at least 1 entry for a specific image in all 4 tables.

-Tarwn ________________________________________________________________________________
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at faq333-2924

The way to overcome that problem would be with outer joins... Get the Best Answers! faq333-2924
"A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire
mikewolf@tst-us.com

Oh, but thats to easy ;-) ________________________________________________________________________________
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at faq333-2924

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back