Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Count and Sum between dollar ranges

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnsSteve

Technical User
May 3, 2010
CA
Hi there,

I'm trying to create 4 different columns that would show me the Count records and Sum of the dollar values between specific $dollar ranges.

Ex:

record 1 = $10.25
record 2 = $30.00
record 3 = $0.21
record 4 = $55.00
record 5 = $101.00

I need to create 4 different dollar ranges. 1)0-25, 2)25.01-50, 3)50.01-100, 4)Over 100 that will count & sum the record if the dollar value falls in the range
I think I need to create a separate formula for each and then place them side by side in the report?

Hope this is clear. Thank you for your help.
bnssteve.

Running Crystal 11 - 14.0.2.364

As usual there are at least a couple of approaches. You could:
1: Create 8 running totals (1 to count values in each range, 1 to sum values in each range);
2: Create one formula to calculate the 8 values but using 8 variables - 1 to count values in each range, 1 to sum values in each range, and then a formula to return the results (or possibly e formulas, depending on how you want to display the results.

Cheers
Pete

Aghh running totals that would help! Forgot about that haven't used Crystal in a while little rusty.

Thanks Pmaxx!

Running Crystal 11 - 14.0.2.364

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back