Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Could someone test this form for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadman

Programmer
Jun 11, 2001
US
Hi,
I'm having trouble figuring out why the following ofrm isnt working. As the code shows, the text input field is required but when I submit the form with an empty text field the form processes. Another user here was good enogh to try this code themselves and it worked for them. I'm not having the same result. Could someone try it out. Here is the link to the template on my host followed by the entire template code.

<html>
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<meta http-equiv=&quot;Content-Type&quot; content=&quot;text/html; charset=iso-8859-1&quot;>
</head>

<body>
<cfform>
<cfinput name=&quot;tester&quot; type=&quot;text&quot; size=&quot;10&quot; maxlength=&quot;10&quot; required=&quot;yes&quot; message=&quot;Please enter text&quot;>
<input name=&quot;submit&quot; type=&quot;submit&quot; value=&quot;submit&quot;>
</cfform>
</body>
</html>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back