Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Could someone please give me some advice on filters+ranking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I'm simply trying to create a series of tabs, one for each country, listing the top 10 selling products. That worked fine. However, when totals and percentages are added (via the ranking box), the total is the total for ALL countries, not the currently filtered country. I've tried everything I can think of to get round this.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

D.

Right then Dunc. I understood that sums and percentages worked on the filtered values, i.e. for each country but you seem to be saying otherwise. Anyway you want to look at the syntax you can use in the variable editor for the sum function. You will be able to create a variable to calculate the correct sums based on using a where clause on the sum (in the variable defn). you will need to create a variable for each country.

OK, many thanks for the tips. It'll take some time to do but if there's no other way round it I'll have to start writing some variables!

Hi,

If your table contains columns from several data providers, it's possible that the filter is not working in the footer. Try to use Multicube() instead of Sum(), it could solve your problem in a simpler way than using a new formula.

tra/\/ber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back