Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

could someone give a step-by-step g

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoiyoi

Technical User
Jul 28, 2003
US
could someone give a step-by-step guide for importing an autocad drawing into photoshop and maintain the integrity and resolution (crispiness) of the original line drawing from autocad.

your responses are appreciated

For those of us who know what autocad is but don't use it, can you tell us more about autocad drawing files?

e.g. do you know what filetype they are etc?

You can use Adobe Illustrator to open autocad files and then you can save them as PSD or any other file type that Photoshop will recognize.

Autocad creates .DWG files - i've had many problems with these in the past - a bloody nightmare! I think there is a plug-in that can be obtained for Illustrator but I do not think it's native.

Duncan

Autocad DXF files also import real well into Illustrator.

If the image is smaller than the available screen size you could always just print screen or take a snapshot then paste and crop in photoshop.

NATE

mainframe.gif

Got a question? Search G O O G L E for links to the fastest answers:

yoiyoi: What i do is plot just like you would any other .dwg, set up paper that you want, pen styles, and everything, but choose the acrobat distiller as you plotter (this is of course assuming that you have Acrobat Writer, most CAD people do) and set up the options for the distiller for "print" or "press" and this will make a nice vector based .pdf file which you can bring into PS (it will rasterize) and you can even choose a resoultion when you open the file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back