Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

could not import the universe 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sisbril

IS-IT--Management
Aug 6, 2012
BR
I am getting an erro trying to import the universe by "universe design tool" - BO 4.

It says the file .unv isn´t in the FSR. But, I can use the universe normally in the web intelligence documents.

What to do? Need to get the universe.

thank you.

This would be better asked in the Crystal Enterprise forum.

My first thought is that BOE 4 introduced universes built with the Information Design Tool (.blx). Universes built using the Designer (.unv) are still supported, but you may be trying to import a new IDT universe into the old universe Designer. Try importing using the IDT.

Also, the Webi documents might be using a cached version of the universe which is why it still works. Do you have a local copy of the universe stored somewhere? If not, I would check the cache folder which is usually located here:

<BO Install Folder>\Data\<server name>\storage\universes

You could try opening each of the universes there and see whether any are the one you're looking for.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Six-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

We had a local copy of the universe - not up to date - but we export it and made the updates.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back