Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Could Not Find The Requested Host - pcAnywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRB-Bldr

Programmer
May 17, 2001
US
Since I was unable to find a posting in the Keyword Search, here is my question....

My pcAnywhere 10 used to work within my Win 2K Professional system as a Remote TCP/IP connection. Now it does not!

Yes, I have tried to think of what has changed on my system, but I cannot isolate the problem.

The error message appears immediately without appearing to take ANY time to search the Net for the IP address.

The error message is:
Could Not Find The Requested Host

I have verified that I can manually PING the desired IP address.
And I have spent time with my ISP checking my Net access. Nothing seems to be wrong.

I have verified that my Router is configured to pass ports 5631 and 5632.
And I have set my McAfee Firewall to Fully Allow pcAnywhere.

BUT, I my pcAnywhere still refuses to work.

Heck, I even physically took the router out of the configuration and attempted to run with McAfee disabled and got the exact same results.

Lastly I un-installed my pcAnywhere and re-installed it. No improvement.

Any suggestions you might have to further investigate the problem and/or to resolve it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
JRB-Bldr
VisionQuest Consulting
Business Analyst & CIO Consulting Services
CIOServices@yahoo.com

I know this sounds obvious, but do you have to go through vpn first before you can pcaw?

Also, have you setup the remote host to receive connections and setup what clients are allowed to connect to that remote host?

I have been through a similar situation so I can empathize.

To Paleogryph: Thanks for the reply.

No I do not go through VPN before PCAW. PCAW used to launch directly from the desktop and then successfully launced Remote IP connections.

And, No I have not set up any TCP/IP Hosts within the Remote Communications tab on the Options page. And the Advanced TCP/IP Options page has "Specify outbound data port range" un-checked.

I have never needed to set up anything here in the past. I have always only needed to double click on my previously defined Remote connection to launch the IP connection.

Any further suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JRB-Bldr
VisionQuest Consulting
Business Analyst & CIO Consulting Services
CIOServices@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back