Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Could not find installable ISAM ???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohitt

Programmer
Jul 1, 2002
IN
hie ya,

when i am tryin to work with a database in MS Access2000 from my VB6.0 using DAO i am getting this strage message "Could not find installabe ISAM" but at the same time i can retrieve data frm the same Access2000 database using ADO. Can somebody tell whtz goin wrong, and what is the solution to this ..

regards,
rohit -----------------------------------
Its nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Is it the version of dao you are using? I think access 2000 needs version 3.6? Peter Meachem
peter @ accuflight.com

yeah i am using dao 3.6 object library..still it's not working ???? -----------------------------------

both the links point to how to correct it for Access 95 or 97..i am facing this problem for Access 2000 ...any clues

regards,
rohit -----------------------------------

I've gotten this error on several occasions. Usually, it's due to corruption/removal/inaccessability of the particular .dll for that type of ISAM file. All I do is determine which ISAM type is at fault (text, Excel, etc.) & rename the related <type>.dll to <type>.old. Then I just rerun the Office install, drill into Access (down to the data access drivers) & click on that ISAM type to reinstall the .dll & update the registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back