Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Could not complete this operation because an assertion has failed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorgandr

Programmer
May 10, 2002
US
Anyone have any idea at all what is up with that error message! I am almost to my breaking limit here! I get the above error whenever I try to Save for Web in Photoshop 7.01 and when I try to open a file in ImageReady 7.01. I can open a file in Photoshop and then "jump to" ImageReady, but then when I choose Save Optimized As I get the same error message again. I have un-installed and re-installed the program about 6-8times, I even restored my PC from a back-up ghost image and un-installed other programs such as JASC Paint Shop Pro 7 and Macromedia Dreamweaver that I thought may be interfering somehow with the programs and it still did not rectify the situation! Just two days ago everything was working fine. I have had this problem once before in the past and managed to fix it by luck. I just un-installed my Macromedia programs and re-installed the Adobe software right afterwards and it seemed to work again. Unfortunately it seems as though no matter what I do this time I cannot for the life of me get it to work properly again!

Hi,

Check this out:

Hope this helps!

Nate

mainframe.gif

This fix from Adobe did absolutely nothing for me because it happens with all of my files in both PS7 and IR. I GOOGLE'D the error and found out the problem...

You need to go in to the registry and delete the following key (after making a backup copy of your registry!!!)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Save For Web 3.0

Delete the entire key after exiting all Adobe software and then Save for Web will work again.

I also read this has something to do with SpyBot, which I use, and also some other spyware programs??????? I don't know about that part but I know Save for Web finally works again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back