Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

could i operate the group in code

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystalamber

Programmer
Feb 1, 2007
SE
i am using vs.net 2005, i create a gui and a report, when i click a checkbox on the gui, the report should be grouped by some field and start new page for each new group, otherwise, no group need.

i use group expert to create group, but how could i implement the function "no group" when i uncheck the checkbox?

i dont know if it could be coded in c#, which i could cancel the group operation when i dont mark the checkbox

Any help will be appreciated!

Not a developer so not sure how your checkbox is working. Normally to change grouping of a report I use a parameter and then use that within a formula.

Parameter set up as string with a selkection of grouping options , one of which would be No Grouping.

In formula
@group
If parameter = string1 then {Field name1} else
If parameter = string2 then {Field name2} else
else If parameter = 'No Group' then ''

Use this formula to group your data. Some how in vs.net you need to call this parameter.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back