Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

could i insert a blank line each 5 rows 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystalamber

Programmer
Feb 1, 2007
SE
Hi,

could i insert a blank line for each 5 rows in report? i think it could be implemented, but i dont know where to code

Any help will be appreciated!

Firstly, you need to create two Details Sections in your report, to do this go to Report menu, and then Section Expert.

From here, click on "Details" on the left, and then click [Insert].

You should see Details A and Details B. Click [OK] and go back and make sure your report is showing all details in Details A, with Details B empty.

Go back to Section Export, and tick the "Suppress No Drill Down" then click on the formula editor to the right of this and copy and paste this formula:

Remainder (RecordNumber,5) <> 0

This should, all working well, insert a blank line for every 5 records you have in the report.

I have used this on Crystal XI numerous times, not tried on previous versions, assume its the same.

UrbanHim
Crystal XI Report Writer
London

Oops, sorry, I forgot to mention...

HIGHLIGHT DETAILS B BEFORE DOING THIS, this formula needs to be entered on Details B section, not anywhere else.

"... tick the "Suppress No Drill Down" then click on the formula editor to the right of this and copy and paste this formula

Remainder (RecordNumber,5) <> 0

..."

[purpleface]

UrbanHim
Crystal XI Report Writer
London

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back