Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

could i change row from horizontal to vertical

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystalamber

Programmer
Feb 1, 2007
SE
i have a problem as follow:

1 7 8 13
name1 name2 name3 name4
address1 address2 address3 address4
otherinfo1 otherinfo2 otherinfo3 otherinfo4

actually, each vertical row should have a right logical meaning, which means i should make the vertical ones as columns in table, but i dont know if crystal report could make each row from horizontal to vertical?
one more method is, i make the table structure like the table above, make each horizontal line as row, although this is meaningless, but i still have to keep the above appearance, the first number lines should have indents.

How could i deal with this problem properly?

Any help will be appreciated!

Does the data show what you've got or what you want? Crystal's default is to show successive records in detail lines. Detail lines can be changed to show the data in columns, and there are also crosstabs and mock-crosstabs - do a SEARCH to find more details.

It helps to give your Crystal version - 8, 8.5, 9, 10, 11 or whatever. Methods sometimes change between versions, and higher versions have extra options.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back