Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

could i adjust some fields corresponding to the whole page

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystalamber

Programmer
Feb 1, 2007
SE
Hi,

i use page number special field in each page footer and then i try to make the field in the middle of that page footer, however, when i click the button alignment "middle", it only let the number in the middle of the field, not in the middle of the page footer, and i do not find any command that could implement it, what should i do if i want to implement it?

Any help will be appreciated!

The middle button you are referring to is probably the text alignment button. Selecting this button simply centers the text of that one object. If you want it centered for the entire width of the report, widen your page # object to be the entire width of the report.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
" - unknown

1. Make your Page# object just as wide as you want it (NOT the whole page width).
2. Centre the text in the object (as you were doing)
3. Create a guideline halfway across your page - about the 4 inch mark (I'm assuming you're dealing with a standard 8 1/2 by 11 page - adjust as required)
4. Move your Page # object so that it attaches to this new guideline at the Centre of the Page # object.

Crystal SHOULD have a "Centre on Page" command, but, alas, it does not. Maybe version XIII??

Bob Suruncle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back