Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Could a field in my report stop it from showing up on the Web

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngob

Technical User
Jan 10, 2004
US
Using 8.5 and a report I am designing shows up find on Crystal but when I try to get it to show up on the Enterprise Web software it does not. To start testing what the problem could be, I started a new report using the same db and a few of the fields and titles and that has no problem showing up after saved. So what could possibly be the problem, could one of the fields in the other report stop if from showing up?

Also a different question, Can you in a title field tell it to look at a boolean field and if it is "T" bold and underline the title field and if not do nothing. I have no clue whatsoever in how to write this so if someone has an answer could you walk through it slowly, everytime I look at the x-2 menus I get scared.

Thank you.

I can't answer your first question, I don't normally put stuff on the web. But for other uses, I have occasionally found that a Crystal report will fail for no obvious reason and it's best to start again. Alternatively you could add one element at a time and see which causes trouble.

For your second question, the formula should contain something like
if [condition] then bold else regular
I'm not clear what you're trying to test for, but this works for all sorts of conditions. You normally find the specific stuff under the second cogwheel under [Functions]. This does not apply to font size, where you are expected to use the point number,
if [condition] then 12 else 9

Madawc Williams
East Anglia, Great Britain

Hi, What exactly do you mean by 'not show up'?
No report at all ( no titles, headers, etc) or just no data?

If just no data, perhaps the configuration of the DSNs on the Server differs from your workstation and it cannot access one or more the datasources in the report.

[profile]
Providing Database and connection method info( ODBC, Native, File System...) would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back