Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

COT Line Routing to Attendant Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

alias26

IS-IT--Management
Apr 14, 2005
US
Hello,

We have a COT line comming into our system and I can seem to find how the line gets routed to reception.
Line is cross connected to an Universal trunk card. It has a route build and one trunk member. What I cant figure out is how does it know to round to reception.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Incoming cot trunk calls always go to the attendant dn by default.
If you want it to go somewhere else you need to make the route AUTO YES and then program the trunk TN with ATDN.

thanks Stanley. Two questions:
Does it route to the LDN or to 0 by default
Also is there any documentation I can read to expand my knowledge on this that you know of..

Read the NTP's

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

acewarlock he asked how he can learn not that he needed a cure for insomnia. HA HA

got to agree.. rtfm.. read the manual.. on a route auto yes then the cot should have a atdn xxxx that determines the att dn for that trunk.. if auto is no it's is going to ring the atdn it att_data..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Nortel Voice Support Documentation. You'll have to choose CS1000 or M1 based on what hardware/software you have.

The documentation has improved over the years and is a source of unending learning for someone who reads it (meaning me).

I recently discovered that on a 4.50W system, the 1150 was programmed using the TYPE IPACD. But in 5.0, the type has been changed.

REQ: new
TYPE: ipacd
SCH2163
TYPE: !
>err sch2163
>

SCH2163
I2001, I2002, I2004, I2050 and IPACD types are no longer valid.
Use "1150", "2001P2", "2002P1", "2002P2", "2004P1", "2004P2", ,
"2050PC", "2050MC", instead
Severity: Info

It's in the documentation. The problem is that there needs to be a class just on how to search through all of the documentation. But most of what you need to learn is in the documentation.

Thank you all for your help. x11tech, thats for the link to the nortel documentation. It is difficult to find documentation when it comes to PBXs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back