Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cost of TS/SCI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerbouchard

IS-IT--Management
Aug 28, 2002
US
Anybody know what a TS/SCI actually costs a company to do?

Almost every job out there seems to require one.

As much as $30,000...it depends on whether you've lived out of the country, or how many states here in US...or anything you may have in your app that 'red flags'.
Most are running about 18 months to process unless you've had prior clearance or investigation (military, public trust).

Basically, it's a function of how many agent hours are required to check you out.

Jon,
Thanks for the response. I was just looking for anyway to get around the catch 22 of getting one. Even if I had to pay for it myself, although 30 grand is a bit much.

Yeah, they're tough to just go out and get...these are the main scenarios that come to mind.

1. You work at a company for awhile that transacts with the govt, you move to a position/responsibility that requires them to submit you. They pay.
2. You get a new job for a company, govt contractor, or govt agency that is dependent upon your background investigation being successful. They pay.
3. You get a govt job that doesn't require clearance and side-step/jump to a position that will get it. They pay.

Sometimes the foot-in-the-door approach is the most successful. However, CCIEs and CISSPs with substantial experience will have a much easier time getting a company to sponsor their clearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back