Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cost Allocation

Status
Not open for further replies.

p26974

Technical User
Dec 30, 2003
GB
Does anyone have anything they can provide on cost allocation on a multiskilled environment.

Working on an Aspect/Rockwell Enterprise system, we have numerous call types routing through to separate pools of Agents.

The calls route in via a number of applications - thus the charging for certain call types is straight forward.

We resource for those calls by taking overall AHT, running that through an Erlang calculator, and staffing the pool accordingly. Thus, we don't have Advisors allocated to answer particular call types.

How, therefore, do we allocate the costs of those Agents in an effort to see where we're making profit and where we're making a loss?

I am trying to understand your question:

1 - You have many agent groups or supergroups handling certain types of calls. Some groups handling calls for more than 1 application.

2 - You staff/resource for your calls by taking avg handle time during a given period and plugging into an erlang calculator.

3 - You want to allocate costs to an agent to see profit and/or loss.

I think if you look at this a different way, you will be able to see the profit and/or loss more clearly. The starting point would be to take each agent and figure how much productivity time they should have (scheduled hours - break - lunch - misc bathroom breaks, etc.) From that, look at the average calls handled in that given timeframe. Based on total calls handled per application, what is the average sales or income from those calls. Now take that avg income per call less total cost of having the agent (wage, insurance, electric, supervisor,etc). You now should have a dollars per hour an agent should be bringing in to be profitable. If an agent is below a certain dollars per hour, it is a loss. The key to cost analysis in a callcenter is you have to look at dollars per hour (dph). If I am an agent and I work 6 productivity hours a day and I make 10 bucks an hour; I make $80; 2 hours of lunch,breaks,misc. In those 6 hours, if I make the company $100 per hour. I made the company 600-80 = 520 before the percentage of office costs is taken out. Now you can do this on a per similar application basis in a multi-skilled environment. For staffing though, I would be doing it based on calls per similar application so you always have resources to handle all types of calls.

Kind of lengthy when you get into cost analysis, hopefully this helps a little. ~CIAO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back