Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

COS option Disable Call Reroute Chaining on Diversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunsNRoses

Technical User
Jun 29, 2005
US
Can anyone explain to me exactly what the COS option "Disable Call Reroute Chaining on Diversion" does? I want to reroute calls to a different answer point when the system is in Night1 mode. I would like to be able to reroute the calls internally (7333) instead of externally (9,xxx-1333). If I reroute them internally, the calls follow the 1st and 2nd alt. of the original number instead of the Night1 answer point. I think I can correct this by enabling this COS option, but I don't think the documentation is clear on this. Sorry this is so long. Any advise is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
GNR

Your question might be easier to answer if you told us what you are trying to accomplish instead of asking what COS options do that may or may not have any bearing on the subject.

Reading between the lines I believe you are having an issue with VM integration going to 1 mailbox when you want to integrate with a different one at night.

Check the FAQ page for the DID separating into 2 mailboxes scenario.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

My apologies to you kwb for the confusion. Evidently I didn't make my post very clear, especially since I didn't even mention voicemail. What I want to do is this: Have all incoming calls (the number is 487-1333 or 7333 after digit modification) during Day mode follow the routing for 7333, including 1st and 2nd alt. During Night1 mode, I would like to reroute all incoming calls to extension (2115), then follow the 1st and 2nd alt for 2115. I still want to know what that COS does.

Call Reroute Chaining on Diversion determines how a call is handled by a remote system that is networked over IP or PSTN. (nothing to do with your request)

Look at the FAQ for Vm anyway faq1329-6743

The theory is the same as what you are trying to accomplish.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back