Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corruption within Access 2003 database

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwag17

Programmer
Jul 28, 2004
GB
I am having problems with corruption in an Access 2003 database. There are 22,000 records in there and can lose multiple records at once.
I have tried fixing the problem by compact and repair, also have tried creating new database and importing all tables etc into new database.
The latter seems to work, however days later the corruption is back.
The error i am getting is: the affected record(s) are displaying what seems to be Japanese chars and when I try to delete I get the following message - "The Search key was not found in any record. Error Code: 3709" Clicking on help says is a ISAM Seek error.
The set up of the database is as follows: 1 Backend db, several front end dbs updating data in the backend.
Could this be caused by network conditions or is it a purely database issue.
Also could this problem be avoided using SQL Server?

Many thanks for any assistance in this matter.

Regards

Alan

how often are the multiple front ends updating the backend?

I have found ISAM problems when multiple users are accessing the same records at the same time...

SQL Server should sort this out...

--------------------
Procrastinate Now!

The backend is updated every day and usually all day between 8 and 5, so it takes a fair bit of hammering at times.

Could illegal chars in a field; either memo field or text field be the cause of this problem?

I am currently campaigning for SQL Server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back