Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corruption problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdfreeman

MIS
Mar 28, 2002
US
I have a database that I have class objects in the project viewer but no object associated with it. Does anyone know how to delete the class objects?

I tried to create forms. They didn't create, but apparently in the code windows they did. Now everything is corrupt.

Thank you for your help.

Tammy

I'm having the same problem. I can't import a form named "attendance" because the class object "Form_attendance" already exists.

How can I delete "Form_attendance" from the project explorer?

You could try creating a new database, and import everything to that, but be aware that sometimes importing might create new corruption. But dn't try to delete anything from the project explorer window, that, I believe, might cause even more grief.

This faq Corrupt Microsoft Access MDBs FAQ has a lot of info concerning corruption, symptoms and how to deal with it. MakeItSo's FAQ705-4683 also has some recommandations.

During the last years, I've resolved all my code corruption issues using the /decompile option, in stead of importing objects. It's described here Decompile or how to reduce Microsoft Access MDB/MDE size and decrease start-up times

Here's also an option that might provide some results on exporting/importing database objects Thread705-834817.

Roy-Vidar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back