Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corrupted Hunt Group Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

HantzT

Technical User
Feb 24, 2014
CA
Hi guys I've had an issue with Hunt Groups Name being Corrupted in VM Pro.

A few months ago I had an issue with an issue with voicemail module wich didn't go to the voicemail of the hunt group.

Ex.:
1- Phone number (123) 456-7890 was routed to VM:CCO
2- VM:CCO menu transfer calls to Hunt Group Extension 1111 named CCO

For some reason one day calls started to loop at the menu message and weren't going to the voicemail of the hunt group anymore.

To solve the issue, someone, who knows IP Office a lot better that I do, suggested that I rename the hunt group. Something to do with the name being corrupted.
So as he suggested, I renamed the the Hunt Group for CCOa and it resolved the issue, things when back to normal. But If I create a new hunt group with the name CCO and try to use
it in a VM Pro module it acts just like the first one did and loops at the menu and never goes to the voicemail.

If I dial 1111 in either case it will go to the voicemail but not if it goes through a VM Pro module.

I've experience this bug with IP Office ver. 9.0.2 and ver. 9.0.4 so updating to a new version doesn't resolve this issue.

Is there a way to recover the name from the corruption?

Hunt Group Names and VM Module Names need to be unique in the IP Office. Can not have Duplicate names anywhere in the system or the IPO will act up.

But that's stupid because it is recommended to have a hunt group with the same name like the VM module you use in ICR as target.

Let's say you have a module called Attendant with a menu that lets the calle decide where to get routed. Now you should create a hunt group called Attendant as fall back. If you now want the caller to decide to be routed to the attendant group and attendant group has a mailbox for out of business times.

So what to do? Create a group instead called Reception as routing target from VM module and use it's mailbox and additionally have another group called Attendant as fallback if VMPro is not available? Both groups will be the same and you will have two groups only to be able to use a main mailbox AND a VM Module AND a fallback group...

Exactly, the "advice" and information prompt that shows in the error pane is to create a group that will answer calls when VM pro fails if calls directly target a VM module, as the voicemail has failed then at least calls are answered. You will notice when you create a group named as a module then the mailbox disappears from the group list in VM pro. It is not advised that that group also be the group you use for everyday operation, it's more of an emergency measure :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back