Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corrupted Hard Disk, Help me or I loose my job..

Status
Not open for further replies.

vova

Vendor
Nov 2, 1998
QA
Hello everbody,<br>I started my machine this morning and it won't see the hard disk, I took the hard disk put it as slave on other machine and still won't see it, fdisk also can not see there is a physical drive, I suspect that the disk surface is scrached, I have very important data on it and I have no backup.<br>Is there a way to recover the data out of the hard disk ?<br><br>Please help me<br>Thanks,<br>Randy<br><A HREF="mailto:randyat@qatar.net.qa">randyat@qatar.net.qa</A>

I think you're out of luck. Something I learnt a long time ago was that if it's important back it up, if it's not important back it up anyway as someone else will need it when it's gone........ <p>Dave Hamilton<br><a href=mailto:dhamilton@gio.com.au>dhamilton@gio.com.au</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Does the HDD spin up?<br>If it does, does it make any strange noises?<br><br>Whatever, data recovery companies could at least attempt to get your data back, and many of them offer a free diagnosis. Depending where you are, you should be able to find one in your area.<br><br>MIke<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back